One reason our team likes to fix damaged teeth as quickly as possible with dental restorations like fillings and crowns is to prevent teeth from becoming infected. An infected tooth is often painful and can result in the loss of teeth. If damage advances to the point of infection, root canals in Leechburg will save your teeth and get you feeling better.
While root canal treatment has gotten a bad reputation over the years, many of our patients find it no more uncomfortable than getting a filling. Your dentists will make sure everything goes smoothly by:
- Numbing your mouth with local anesthesia
- Using leading technology like CT scans to plan and perform your procedure
- Administering safe and fast-acting laughing gas to keep you relaxed, if you’d like
- Protecting your tooth from further damage with a same-day dental crown created right in our office using CEREC technology
If you’re suffering with a toothache, in many cases we can offer you a same-day appointment. Call us ASAP at 724-294-5526. If you call after hours, an on-call dentist can advise you.
Avoid the Hassle of Tooth Extraction With Root Canal Therapy
Once infection gets inside your tooth, you have only two treatment choices: remove the tooth or have a root canal procedure. Your dentist will help you determine which option is right for you. However, in general it’s best to keep your dental structure in place. With a root canal, you will:
- Recover More Quickly and Easily – Most people experience at least a few days of not feeling 100 percent after having a tooth removed. There will be bleeding, and you’ll need to be careful of what you eat and how you brush your teeth. In contrast, when recovering from a root canal, you won’t need to make these kinds of adjustments.
- Avoid the Need For a Replacement Tooth – To prevent bone loss and keep nearby teeth from shifting out of place, we recommend replacing a lost tooth with a dental bridge or a dental implant with a crown. You can avoid this time and expense by getting a root canal instead.
- Keep Your Jaw Intact and Healthy – The roots of teeth keep your jaw strong by stimulating it when you chew. When you lose a tooth, you also lose its root. If it’s not replaced with a dental implant, the lack of stimulation results in bone loss. You can avoid losing bone by keeping your tooth in place with a root canal.
For comfortable root canals in Leechburg, call Kiski Advanced Dentistry at 724-294-5526 or .