You, and others in your household, may be annoyed by your snoring. But if it’s caused by obstructive sleep apnea, it can also threaten your health. The condition has been linked with high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart failure, among other serious problems. Let the Kiski Advanced Dentistry team treat sleep apnea in Leechburg so you can:
- Breathe easily all night
- Awaken feeling rested, not tired
- Avoid feeling fatigued and irritable during the day
- Improve your overall health and well-being
- Stop bothering others with your snoring
Skip the CPAP With a Convenient Sleep Apnea Device
Keeping your airway clear throughout the night is the key to sleep apnea treatment. The two methods most commonly prescribed are a CPAP machine or an oral sleep apnea device. Though they both help you breathe, that’s pretty much where the similarity ends. Our sleep apnea patients find the oral device:
- Less Intrusive – A sleep apnea device looks and feels a lot like a sports mouthguard. Unlike a CPAP, there is no mask over your face or noise from a motor. Both you and your bed partner will likely find it less distracting and easier to fit into your bedtime routine.
- Less of a Hassle – Since you can stow it in a pocket or a bag, you can take a device with you wherever you go. You never need batteries, electricity, or distilled water, so it can be used virtually anywhere.
- More Comfortable – There’s no mask or tubing to bother you. Plus, a device won’t dry out your mouth and throat as a CPAP often does.
To treat sleep apnea in Leechburg so you sleep better and feel better, call Kiski Advanced Dentistry at 724-294-5526 or .