Until it hurts to do so, you probably don’t realize how many times a day you open your mouth – for activities like eating, speaking, and laughing. A TMJ disorder makes it uncomfortable to open your mouth. Plus, the pain may spread from your jaw to your neck, shoulders, and other parts of your body. With TMJ treatment in Leechburg, your dentist can:
- Relieve tension on your jaw so it can heal
- Help you avoid dental damage caused by teeth grinding
- Avoid downtime associated with headaches, ear pain, and other symptoms of a TMJ disorder
- Restore normal use of your jaw
- Improve your sleep so you wake up feeling comfortable and refreshed
The best way to find out if you have TMJ dysfunction is to visit our office for an exam. We’ll see if your TMJ, the joints that connect your jaw to your skull, are inflamed. We’ll also check for signs of bruxism, or teeth grinding, a habit often found in those who suffer from a TMJ disorder. To schedule an appointment, call 724-294-5526 today.
End Your Pain & Safeguard Your Teeth With a Nightguard
Many people clench their jaw or grind their teeth during the night. This habit exerts an extreme amount of pressure that can strain your TMJ and also damage your teeth. Our team can take impressions of your teeth that are used to create a custom-made nightguard you wear while sleeping. Your nightguard will:
- Protect your teeth from chips, cracks, and breaks caused by grinding
- Fit more comfortably than a store-bought mouthguard
- Take the pressure off your TMJ
- Eliminate the need for crowns or similar repairs to damaged teeth
A nightguard is all many people need to relieve TMJ pain and other symptoms. For more severe cases, we may also recommend Botox® for additional pain relief.
For TMJ treatment in Leechburg, call Kiski Advanced Dentistry at 724-294-5526 or .